Soy sauce and sesame amp up the umami factor in this edamame-studded guac, while shiso leaf provides a minty herbal note.
- Yield:serves 8 as an appetizer
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 8 ounces cooked edamame
- 1/2 recipe Best Basic Guacamole
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon freeze-dried shiso (optional)
Combine edamame, guacamole, sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and shiso in a medium bowl and gently fold to mix. Serve immediately with warm tortilla chips.