A combination of beans, corn, and scallions add extra texture to the standard avocado mash.
- Yield:serves 8 as an appetizer
- Active time: 25 minutes
- Total time:25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed, cobs discarded
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 6 scallions, finely sliced
- 1/2 recipe Best Basic Guacamole
- Kosher salt
- Up to 1 tablespoon lime juice
Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat until smoking. Add corn kernels and toss to coat. Cook without moving until well charred on one side, about 2 minutes. Toss and repeat until corn is charred all over, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add beans, scallions, and guacamole. Fold to combine and season to taste with salt and lime juice. Serve immediately with warm tortilla chips.