This is one gorgeous, gooey panino: ciabatta stuffed with buttery ripe avocado, oozing brie and fresh mozzarella, sharp-salty-sweet sun dried tomatoes, and summery basil. Light and decadent in one warm, crunchy, creamy package.
- Yield:makes 2 to 4 servings
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 1 12” ciabatta, halved horizontally
- 4 teaspoons olive oil or sundried tomato olive oil
- 4 3/4 ounces fresh sliced mozzarella
- 3 3/4 ounces sliced brie
- 12 sundried tomatoes
- 8 big basil leaves
- 1 Hass avocado, sliced or mashed
- Squirt of lemon juice
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Drizzle the insides of both halves of bread with oil. Arrange the mozzarella on the bottom half, and the brie on the top half. Fill the inside with sundried tomato, basil leaves, and avocado. Season the avocado with a squirt of lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stack the two halves into a sandwich, and put on a hot panini press for about 10 minutes, until the bread is crusty, and the cheese is melted. Cut into quarters and eat hot!