This recipe for a big batch of martinis is perfect for a crowd. Each bottle serves either eight 4-ounce martinis, or a little over ten 3-ounce martinis.
For garnishes, have available cocktail olives, cocktail onions, and lemon twists.
- Yield:serves 8 to 10; makes 32 ounces
- 20 ounces gin
- 6 ounces dry vermouth such as Dolin
- 8 dashes orange bitters (optional)
- 6 ounces bottled or filtered water (something neutral, not mineral water)
- Garnish: lemon twists, olives, cocktail onions
Using a funnel, pour gin, vermouth, bitters, and water into bottle. Close the bottle and chill well. Serve with optional garnishes.