When it comes to bread, whole grains are usually what people are looking for. This bread is 2/3 whole grains, with 1/3 white wheat and 1/3 rye. The final third is bread flour, because I think it helps the texture of the bread.
This makes a nice sandwich bread, and it couldn't possibly be easier.
- Yield:Makes 1 loaf
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:4 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 4 1/2 ounces (about 1 cup) bread flour
- 4 1/2 ounces (about 1 cup) white whole wheat flour
- 4 1/2 ounces (about 1 cup) rye flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 cups cool water
Add all the ingredients to your bread machine in the order required by your bread machine (this is the proper order for the machine I have,)
Set the machine for the regular-style loaf, dark crust (if you have that option)
Remove the loaf from the machine when it is done baking. Let it cool completely on a rack before slicing.