The Queequeg from The Drink is a rum punch named after a character in Moby Dick, and does its nautical namesake proud. The punch is made special thanks to the bottle of Cooper's Vintage Ale that's poured in just before serving. The beer's maltiness balances the sweetness of the rum and honey.
- Yield:Serves 10, plus extra honey syrup
- For the honey syrup:
- 8 ounces warm water
- 8 ounces honey
- For the punch:
- 8 ounces aged rum
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 1 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 ounces honey syrup
- 20 dashes Reagan's orange bitters
- 1 12-ounce bottle Cooper's Vintage Ale
Combine honey and warm water. Stir together thoroughly, or combine in a jar and shake until mixed.
Combine the rum, orange juice, lemon juice, honey syrup, and bitters in a punch bowl. Stir and serve with ice.