In a post-Thanksgiving food coma, it can be tempting to give up on pumpkin altogether for a while. But that would be a shame, because pumpkin has so much to offer in both the flavor and nutrition departments. This healthy smoothie hits all the right flavor notes for a pumpkin dessert, but it hits them lightly. It's a nice way to carry on with the spirit of the season while being good to your body.
- Yield:Serves 2
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (homemade or purchased), frozen if you like
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk (homemade or purchased)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted, or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup ice
Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until perfectly smooth. Divide between two glasses and serve immediately.