The Rosemary, Baby! is a brand-new creation from Damon Boelte of Prime Meats in Brooklyn; he describes it as a cross between a Brown Derby and an Aperol Spritz. In addition to being gorgeous, this punch has a delicate, fresh flavor: the sweetness from bourbon, honey, and sparkling wine is well-balanced by tart, fresh grapefruit and rosemary-laced Aperol.
- Yield:Serves 12, plus extra rosemary infused Aperol and honey syrup
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:3 hours 10 minutes
- For the Rosemary-Infused Aperol:
- 1 bottle Aperol
- 3 long sprigs fresh rosemary
- For the honey syrup:
- 8 ounces warm water
- 8 ounces honey
- For the punch:
- 18 ounces rosemary-infused Aperol
- 9 ounces bourbon such as Four Roses Yellow Label
- 6 ounces honey syrup
- 24 ounces sparkling wine
- 24 ounces seltzer
- Garnish: grapefruit slices and additional rosemary sprigs
Place 3 long sprigs of fresh rosemary in a bottle of Aperol. Let sit for 3 hours at room temperature, strain.
Combine honey and warm water. Stir together thoroughly, or combine in a jar and shake until mixed.
Mix rosemary-infused Aperol, bourbon, and honey syrup in a punch bowl. Top with sparkling wine and seltzer. Garnish with grapefruit slices and rosemary sprigs and serve with ice.