This elegant salad is perfect for Thanksgiving. The goat cheese and pecans dress it up, and the dressing is one of those salty-sweet flavor combinations that everyone loves.
- Yield:Serves 6
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- For the Pecans:
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- For the Salad:
- 10 cups mesclun greens
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Make the Pecans: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, toss pecans with maple syrup and salt until evenly coated. Spread pecans in single layer on one of the prepared baking sheets. Roast until the syrup is bubbling vigorously, about 5 minutes. Immediately scrape the pecans onto the other prepared baking sheet and spread into single layer. Let cool.
Make the Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Assemble the Salad: Place the greens in a large salad bowl. Whisk vinaigrette again, then add to greens little by little until salad is adequately dressed. Add goat cheese and glazed pecans and toss once more. Serve immediately.