There is a restaurant in Miami called Mercadito whose guacamoles I love. There are about seven, in all different flavors. But my favorite is the chipotle. The smoky vinegariness is the kind of stuff I dream about, cutting through that fatty avocado. This is my version—spicy, smoky, rich, and delicious. I usually pair it with hot black beans and stuff ungodly amounts of the stuff into warm corn tortillas. Extra cilantro never hurts.
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 3 Hass avocados
- 1/8 red onion, finely diced
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- 2 chipotle peppers, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons adobo (from the chipotle can)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, and use a wooden spoon to mash everything together.