Pierre Ferrand Cognac 1840 stars in this punch that's perfect for parties. This is the kind of sweet drink we like, eminently sippable but not syrupy, juice-dominated or unbalanced.
- 3 sugar cubes
- 1 ounce club soda
- 1/2 ounce Carpano Antica vermouth
- 1/2 ounce lemon Juice
- 1/2 ounce Cherry Heering
- 1/4 ounce fresh ginger syrup (see below)
- 2 ounce Pierre Ferrand 1840 Original Formula Cognac
- 1/4 oz St Elizabeth allspice dram
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 ounce sparkling wine
- Brandied cherries for garnish (optional)
Muddle sugar cubes with club soda and bitters in a shaker. Add two ice cubes. Add all other ingredients except for sparkling wine. Stir.
Strain into highball glass filled with ice and top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a brandied cherry.
For ginger syrup: Combine equal parts freshly pressed ginger juice and sugar in a small pan. Simmer until sugar dissolves.