Baked potatoes filled with a gooey cheddar-leek topping.
Read more: Serious Entertaining: London Particular
- Active time: 25 minutes
- Total time:1 hour 45 minutes
- 4 Russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 large leeks, white and light green sections thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons plus one teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Piece potatoes all over with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Cook until inside is tender, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
When potatoes are almost finished cooking, place olive oil and 3 tablespoons butter in a large saute pan. Bring heat to medium high. When butter has melted, add sliced leeks and saute until tender, about 10 minutes. Take leeks off heat, add Worcestershire sauce and toss to combine. Season leeks with salt and pepper to taste.
Slice each potato lengthwise and pull apart slightly. Lightly swipe the inside of each potato with butter. Fill each potato with 1/4 of leeks. Top each potato with 1/4 cup cheese.
Heat the broiler. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and broil just until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.