Check out other recipes from Serious Entertaining: Labor Day Grill Out »
- Yield:serves 6
- Active time: 40 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 1 cup washed quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 large poblano peppers, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3.5 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing vegetables
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium pot, bring water and salt to a boil. Add quinoa, stir, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl.
Heat a gas grill on medium heat. Lightly brush zucchini and poblanos with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place vegetables on grill and grill until soft and lightly charred on edges, about four minutes per side.
Transfer grilled vegetables to a cutting board and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Toss with quinoa. Add feta, scallions, and cilantro and stir to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar and olive oil until emulsified. Pour vinaigrette over quinoa and toss to combine. Season salad with salt and pepper and serve.