Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies are rolled in salted peanuts for a salty-sweet crunch.
Read more: Cookie Monster: Peanut Butter Pebble Cookies
- Yield:makes about 28 cookies
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:one hour 45 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 cups chopped salted peanuts
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
In a large bowl, beat together peanut butter and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes. Beat in sugar. Beat in brown sugar until just incorporated. Add eggs and beat until well combined.
Beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let chill in refrigerator for one hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Take dough out of refrigerator. Place salted peanuts in a shallow bowl. Take about one heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll ball in chopped peanuts to coat. Place ball on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake cookies until golden, about 15 minutes.