Note: This recipe can easily be scaled up or down, and lasts forever in the fridge. If you have plastic squeeze bottles, there's no need to first whisk in a bowl—construct the dressing in the bottles using the same ratio of ingredients, scaling down to fit in one bottle. Cover the top and shake before each use.
- Yield:Makes 1 quart
- Active time: 3 minutes
- Total time:3 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, grated on a microplane grater
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, grated on a microplane grater
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to sealed container. Shake vigorously to emulsify before each use.