Read more: Serious Entertaining: Edible Party Favors
- Yield:makes about 3 dozen
- Active time: 20 minutes (not including bag assembly)
- Total time:40 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line mini muffin pan with liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest, and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream until well combined. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir with a spoon until just combined. Mix in poppy seeds until evenly distributed.
Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full. Bake until golden brown, about 16 minutes. Let muffins cool on wire rack.