- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:4 hours, 30 minutes (includes chilling)
- 400 grams best quality dark chocolate (at least 65% cocoa content)
- 400 grams best quality milk chocolate
- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup golden syrup
- 275 grams McVitie's digestive biscuits (about one sleeve)
Line a 10 inch springform pan with parchment paper. For a two tired cake, line one 4.5 inch springform pan and one 6 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
Roughly chop chocolate into small pieces. Set aside. Break biscuits into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a double boiler, combine golden syrup and butter. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
Add chocolate and cook, stirring often, until chocolate is completely melted. Pour melted chocolate mixture over biscuits. Stir until all biscuits are covered and chocolate is evenly distributed. Pour cake mixture into springform pan or pans. Smooth with a spatula.
Let cake set in the refrigerator until chocolate is hard and shiny, at least four hours.