- Yield:serves 8
- Active time: 1 hour
- Total time:7 hours (includes marinating)
- For Marinade:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1 (10-pound), bone-in leg of lamb
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme, cut into 1/4 inch peices
- Freshly ground black pepper
In small bowl, whisk together ingredients for marinade. Put lamb in a shallow baking pan and cover with marinade. Let sit in refrigerator for 4 hours to overnight, rotating it occasionally in the marinade.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Take lamb out of refrigerator. Cut small slits in sides of lamb and stuff with garlic slices and sprigs of thyme. Season lamb with salt and pepper.
Let lamb roast for about 2 hours, or until a meat thermometer reads 140°F. (This will produce medium rare meat, roast longer if you want your lamb fully cooked.) Let lamb rest out of oven for 20 minutes. Carve into thin slices and serve.