Check out other recipes from Serious Entertaining: The Royal Wedding »
Note: The types of candied fruits used can vary according to your preference.
- Yield:makes 2 dozen muffins
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:45 minutes
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped glace cherries, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup chopped candied orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two muffin pans with paper muffin holders.
In a small bowl, whisk together salt and flour. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in flour mixture in two additions.
Add candied fruits to dough and mix until evenly distributed. Pour batter into muffin cups, filling most of the way (these muffins are dense and don't rise very much).
Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are golden and a cake tester comes out clean. Garnish with a glace cherry, if desired.