For best results, use fruit that is ripe but not overripe or mushy. Salad can be made up to 6 hours in advance and stored, covered, in the fridge.
Read more: How to Macerate Fruit
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:12 minutes
- 4 tablespoons dark spiced rum
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, such as Maldon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Macintosh or Fuji apple, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large peach, pitted and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
In a large bowl, whisk together rum, honey and maldon salt until combined. Add fruit and mint and stir gently to coat with rum mixture. Cover and chill to macerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours, until fruit has softened slightly and flavor has been absorbed. Serve immediately.