While I used 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of peanut butter chips, you can adjust the ratio depending on your preference.
From Cookie Madness
Note for Salt Fiends: Substituting some of the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips increases the saltiness of the treat and tones down some of the sweetness of the cereal.
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:3 hours
- 8 cups of Golden Grahams cereal (or the store generic version)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows or chopped marshmallows
- 2 /3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, optional
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup each chocolate sundae topping and peanut butter sundae topping for drizzling (optional)
Heat honey, butter, and vanilla (if used) in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently until bubbling, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and add peanut butter and chocolate chips a handful at a time, stirring until fully melted.
Add cereal and stir to coat. Add marshmallows, and stir until melted. Spread mixture into rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pressing down with back of spoon to created even layer. Drizzle the bars with chocolate and peanut butter sundae topping, if desired. Let cool to room temperature, then chill in refrigerator for 2 hours until hard. Cut into 24 bars and serve. Bars can be stored in sealed container for up to 3 days at room temperature.