- Yield:30 to 32
- Active time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Total time:2 hours (including chilling)
- 3 1/2 cups of pulverized wheat, bran, or wholegrain cereal
- 3 /4 cups of white sugar
- 1 3 /4 cups peanut, almond, or cashew butter
- 3 /4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts, almonds, or cashews
- 2 ounces milk, dark, or white chocolate (I prefer white chocolate only with cashews)
Make sure cereal is finely crushed with a rolling pin or food processor, particularly if using a very "natural" type of flake cereal. Mix the cereal in a bowl with the nuts.
Bring the honey, nut butter, and sugar to a slow boil in a pot. Remove from heat, stir into cereal and nut mixture.
Note: If using a particularly 'dry' natural cereal and a natural nut butter, you may need to add an additional tablespoon of 'regular' butter to make everything easier to mix.
Spread mixture into parchment-lined pan or divide between cupcake liners. Melt chocolate and either drizzle or lightly spoon onto the cereal mixture. Chill for five minutes. If making bars, score with a knife and return to the refrigerator. Wait at least two hours until hardened, then serve at room temperature.