These might be a little fussy for Thanksgiving when you've got a table full of side dishes but try them next time you roast a chicken.
- 6 very small sweet potatoes (about 2 cups of potato flesh)
- Salt to taste
- Choose some of the following add ins:
- For creaminess: about 2 tablespoons
- Butter, mascarpone, heavy cream or cream cheese.
- For spices: about 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, pumpkin pie spice, a few drops vanilla, orange zest.
- For sweetener
- Condensed milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar.
- For textural interest: about 2 tablespoons
- Savory additions: Crumbled bacon, small bit of chipotle, leftover pulled pork, jack cheese.
Bake once, mix in ingredients and bake a second time. Given my sweets were very small, they only required about 15 minutes in the oven for the second baking.