- Yield:6 to 8 large peanut butter cups or bars
- 1 cup finely crumbled or processed graham crackers (The finer the better--you can also substitute other cracker or cereal 'crumbs' although the results will be slightly less 'Reese's' in style)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup loosely packed confectioner's sugar
- 1 /2 (generous) cup of peanut butter (I used smooth Jif)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cream butter, sugar, and peanut butter together.
Add butter, sugar, and peanut butter mixture to crumbs, stir vigorously until thoroughly blended.
Press mixture in cupcake liners or a parchment-lined 8x8 inch pan.
Melt chocolate in microwave or over bain maire. Pour or spoon chocolate over peanut butter mixture. Spread or distribute evenly
Chill for 2-3 hours, or until firm enough to serve. If making bars, score pan after five minutes of chilling.