- Yield:- Makes: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups wheat berries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 shallot or 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Wheat Berries with Walnuts and Apples. Core and dice (peeling is optional) 1 all-purpose apple, like Golden Delicious; add to the pan with the shallot.
Wheat Berries with Walnuts and Beets. Add 1 cup diced cooked beets along with the walnuts in Step 2. Garnish with crumbled goat cheese if you like.