- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 lb cranberries
- 3 tablespoons guava jelly
- Zest of 1 lime, finely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and ginger and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the orange juice, honey and brown sugar and, increase the heat to high and cook until the sugar is melted.
Add half of the cranberries and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining cranberries and guava jelly, cook for one minute and remove from the heat. Stir in the lime zest, mint and season with salt and pepper. Scrape into a bowl and let come to room temperature before serving.