- For the salad:
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and julienned into 1/8-inch strips
- 1/4 cup dried currants (optional)
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon or more sugar, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint leaves, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste (optional)
Place the carrots in a bowl with the currants (if desired).
In a jar or small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
About 1 hour or less before serving time, add the dressing to the carrots. Toss the ingredients to mix them well.