- Yield:6 to 8 as a starter
- 4 cups peeled, sliced, seeded cucumbers
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put 2 cups of cucumber slices in a food processor. Set the other 2 cups aside.
Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and purée. Transfer the purée to a bowl.
Stir in the remaining cucumbers and chill at least 4 hours before serving.