Read more: All the Holiday Recipes You Need
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 2-pound rack of lamb, the smallest , youngest possible, well-trimmed
Preheat the oven to 500°F.
Combine the garlic, mustard, parsley, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Stir into a paste. Coat the meaty side of the rack with the paste. Put the rack of lamb in a heavy baking pan, coated side up, and roast in the hot oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown outside but pink and rare inside. If the rib bones begin to brown too much, cover with aluminum foil.
To serve, carve into individual chops and put 2 on each plate. Spoon the carving juices over the meat.