- Yield:2 as the main item, 4 as a small side
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Kernels cut from 2 ears of fresh corn (about 1 cup), plus any scrapings of liquid you can get by running a knife blade along cob
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground white or yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- Mild vegetable oil, for frying
Whisk together the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in the corn and any corn liquid.
Place the cooked fritters on the paper towels; blot them quickly with fresh paper towel. Serve immediately.