- 2 pounds ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup raw fresh corn kernels (1 ear)
- 1 small sweet white onion, finely chopped
- Fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup peeled, diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
In a food processor or a blender, combine 3 cups of the tomatoes, the lemon juice, half of the corn kernels, and half of the onion and purée. Taste for seasoning. Transfer to a large bowl and cover. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours. Stir again before serving. Taste for seasoning. Serve in chilled shallow soup bowls, garnished with the remaining tomatoes, corn, and onion, the cucumber, and the fresh cilantro leaves.