A quick and easy way to make simple chicken stock into a heartier meal. The almond butter acts like a thickener, replacing a traditional roux.
- 2 cups low sodium store-bought or homemade chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, for garnish (optional)
Place the chicken stock, white and cayenne pepper, salt, and sundried tomatoes in the saucepan and heat over medium heat until the broth comes to a simmer. Stir in the almond butter and remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped basil. Serve immediately in a bowl or large mug, adding the chopped almonds as garnish.