This sweet and spicy cocktail packs a fiery punch but won't overwhelm your tastebuds.
- Thai Chili and Pineapple Syrup:
- 2 fresh red bird's eye chilies, sliced in half, seeds removed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 (1 inch) chunks fresh pineapple (about 6 ounces)
- For the Cocktail:
- 2 ounces pisco (such as Barsol)
- 1/2 ounce fresh juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice (fresh preferred)
- 1/4 ounce Kalani Coconut Liqueur
- 3/4 ounce Thai Chili and Pineapple Syrup
- Garnish: 1 bird's eye chili
For the syrup: Place the sliced and seeded chilies in a saucepan with the water and sugar on medium heat. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Once boiled turn the heat off and add pineapple chunks. Allow to infuse for 10 minutes. Remove the chilies and allow the pineapples to infuse for an additional 50 minutes. Strain. Pineapple chili syrup can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
For the cocktail: Add pisco, lime juice, pineapple juice, coconut liqueur, and chili pineapple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Fill shaker with ice and shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass. Garnish with a chili if desired.
Cocktail shaker, small saucepan