Juicy pineapple and sweet coconut add tropical flair to these tender muffins.
- 8 tablespoons (4 ounces) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened, flaked coconut, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (6 1/4 ounces) all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) drained pineapple cubes, chopped
Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Stir butter with sugar and salt in a large bowl until creamy. Whisk in eggs, one by one, until combined. Whisk in coconut milk and 3/4 cup coconut.
Add flour and baking powder to the bowl and whisk until combined. Whisk in pineapple cubes. Divide batter between muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with the remaining coconut. Bake until golden and just set, about 20 minutes. Let muffins cool in the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.