Ideal for spring and summer parties, the Pimm's Cup instantly evokes England. The standard version is made by mixing Pimm's with "white lemonade" (a.k.a. Sprite or 7-Up) along with chopped fruit and ice. Fruit choices can vary, but for me, the three absolute essentials are the cucumber, strawberry, and orange.
Note: Feel free to change fruit and vegetable garnishes as desired. If you like your drink a little stronger, add an extra splash of gin.
- 1/2 a small cucumber, sliced thin
- 8 strawberries, sliced thin
- 1/2 an orange, sliced thin
- 1/2 a lemon, sliced thin
- 1/2 a green apple, sliced thin
- 1 quart ice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Pimm's No. 1 Cup
- 3 cups (24 ounces) Sprite, 7-Up, or other clear citrus soda
- Mint sprigs to garnish
Layer fruit slices and ice in a pitcher. Add Pimm's and soda. Stir gently with a wooden spoon to combine. Pour into glasses, making sure to get fruit and ice in each glass. Garnish with mint, and serve.