Why This Recipe Works
- A frozen cocktail is a great place for peaches you've let get a little too ripe.
- Blanco tequila and Suze both have an earthy flavor profile that makes them an excellent match.
- Pre-batching and chilling the cocktail mixture the night before you serve it gives you a cold base that requires less ice in the blender and won't melt the drink right away.
Ripe peaches and tangy pineapples give this chilly tequila cocktail a fruity sweetness, balanced by the herbal, earthy notes from blanco tequila and Suze, a delicately bitter French aperitif.
Peach and Tequila Frozen Blended Cocktail Recipe
- 6 ounces blanco tequila, such as Herradura
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 ounces fresh pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 ounces Suze
- 8 mint leaves
- Mint leaves and extra pineapple chunks, for garnish
Combine tequila, peaches, pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, Suze, and mint leaves in a zipper-lock bag or resealable jar. Chill at least 8 hours or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
Transfer chilled tequila mixture to a blender and add 3 cups ice. Blend at high speed until well mixed and thick, about 45 seconds. Divide between coupe glasses and garnish with a pineapple chunk and mint leaves.