This clafouti is like a clafouti on crack, showcasing a handful of flavors and textures: Juicy sweet-tart raspberries, crunchy pistachios, and rich and gooey bittersweet chocolate.
- Butter and sugar for prepping baking dish
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (4 2/3 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries (6 ounces)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Butter and sugar inside of 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
In large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and salt until lightened. Whisk in milk, cream, and vanilla. Whisk in flour, then butter until combined and smooth. Whisk in chopped pistachios.
Scatter raspberries into pan. Pour mixture into pan. Scatter 1/2 of the chocolate over the top (it will sink in).
Bake until puffed and just set, about 25 minutes. Scatter remaining chocolate over the top of the clafouti. Let cool briefly before serving. Best served warm or room temperature.
2 1/2 quart casserole dish