This is our take on the classic olive salad used for topping muffuletta sandwiches. The combination of olives, capers, and roasted peppers is at once sweet, salty, and tart. If a muffuletta isn't on your horizon, this quick salad also makes a fantastic burger or pizza topping.
- 3/4 cup pitted mixed oil-packed olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup giardiniera (Italian-style pickled vegetable salad)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Combine olives, capers, peppers, parsley, giardiniera, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to chop until no pieces larger than 1/2-inch remain. Alternatively, chop by hand. Transfer to a bowl. Add vineger and olive oil and stir to combine. For best results, let olive salad rest overnight before using.