A grilled hamburger topped with lobster salad and crispy bacon.
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, plus more for assembling
- 1 teaspoon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 ounces freshly ground beef, divided into four 5-ounce patties
- 4 toasted hamburger buns
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon
Combine lobster, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chives in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
When ready to serve, season burger patties generously with salt and pepper and cook burgers to desired doneness on a hot grill or in a skillet on the stovetop, 125°F for medium rare or 135°F for medium, topping with cheese for last minute of cooking. Let burger patties rest for 5 minutes off heat.
Top bottom buns with mayonnaise, tomato, and lettuce. Top with burger patty, then divide lobster salad mixture evenly between burgers. Top each burger with 2 slices bacon. Close burgers and serve immediately.