Serious Eats is seeking a video producer to join its Brooklyn-based team and work directly with the director of visual media to develop engaging food-related video content for web and social channels. We’re looking for a strong visual storyteller with experience in all aspects of video production and post-production, who can work both independently and collaboratively with our team.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with our culinary and editorial teams to develop various narratives and generate unique and compelling video content ideas, have a great eye for making things look delicious, excel at organizing and executing content, and have the creativity and resourcefulness required to bring those traits together in a fast-paced digital-media environment. Someone who is comfortable wearing multiple hats—sitting and editing at their computer one day and standing behind a camera the next, for instance—is highly preferred.
While enthusiasm for visual and culinary arts is an important trait, we're seeking someone who can think creatively about how to communicate technical cooking details in a clear, fun, and logical way, since our content aims to show not just the how but the why behind our techniques and recipes.
If you love food and want to spend your days creating mouthwatering videos (and yes, you WILL get to eat the food), we want to hear from you!
- Ideate, shoot, and edit single- and multi-camera video in our studio kitchens, ranging from overhead, hands-only cooking videos to longer-form, personality-driven projects
- Follow a video production workflow and schedule from conception through execution and publication deadlines
- Collaborate with team members to plan, produce, shoot, and edit recipe/technique/editorial videos for all web and social platforms, including creating shot lists and scripts and acquiring props as needed
- Ensure that all videos are edited to the most effective message and duration and that all text that appears in the final product is in accordance with editorial guidelines
- Distribute the completed videos to the appropriate parties in a timely manner
- Explore new and creative avenues for our video strategy, including producing videos out in the field to complement our features content
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum three years of video production experience
- Strong sense of self-motivation and the ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in editing video in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects; strong color correction and graphics experience preferred
- Expertise in working with cameras, lighting, and other professional video equipment
- A strong ability to light, shoot, and direct people, recipe steps, and final dish shots
- Familiarity with the Serious Eats brand, specifically our content and visual standards, and the ability to think critically through the nature of our content
- A fast learner who can think quickly on their feet to work efficiently and pitch in as needed on a small team
Please send your résumé, cover letter, and a link to examples of your work, including a description of your specific role on the project, to [email protected].
Serious Eats provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.