- Jenny is a professional chef, author and speaker specializing in interdisciplinary storytelling fusing food with social good.
- She leads a nonprofit named Studio ATAO and runs her own culinary consulting business.
- Her food and work has been featured in outlets such as Food Network, Oxygen TV, Eater, Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, among others.
Jenny is a professional chef, author and speaker specializing in multi-platform storytelling fusing food with social good. She leads a nonprofit community think tank named Studio ATAO and runs her own culinary consulting business.
Jenny is a former management consultant and Columbia MBA who decided to completely pivot her career and pursue the world of food; she worked at various Michelin-starred restaurants in NYC and SF as well as corporate food R&D before finding her voice in food as a form of social activism. She most recently gave her first TEDx Talk titled "How Food Can Be A Source of Identity, Intimacy and Vulnerability."
Jenny's Desert Island Food: "I guess it would be hot on a desert island, so I would say ice cream. I love mint ice cream, specifically from Smitten in SF, no pesky chocolate chips though."
- 2020 Thrillist Local Heroes
- 2020 IACP Best Personal/Editorial Photograph
- 2019 Regional Finalist (North America), San Pellegrino Young Chefs
- 2019 The Art of Plating "On the Rise" Honoree
- 2019 James Beard House Featured Chef
- 2018 Finalist, Future of Storytelling "Bridging the Divide" Award
- 2017 Les Dames D'Escoffier Legacy Awards
- 2016 Winner, Beat Bobby Flay on Food Network
- 2016 James Beard Foundation Jean Louis Palladin Professional Work/Study Grant
- 2015 Bocuse d'or Ment'or Continuing Education Grant
- 2012 Les Dames D'Escoffier New York Culinary Arts Scholarship
About Serious Eats
Serious Eats, a Dotdash brand, is an award-winning food and drink website visited by over 7 million hungry readers every month. Our audience comes to us for rigorously tested recipes, science-driven cooking techniques, robust equipment reviews, and stories that offer cultural and historical context to the foods we love to eat.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.