Light like a highball, but hearty and warming, party-friendly yet sophisticated, this cocktail is so classy that it's hard to believe it's nothing more than bourbon, ginger beer, and hard cider poured over ice, with a dash of bitters. Use a cider that's on the drier side; Austin Eastciders is a widely available favorite.
- 1 1/2 ounces (45ml) bourbon
- 2 ounces (60ml) dry hard cider
- 2 ounces (60ml) ginger beer
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Large lemon wedge, for garnish
Combine bourbon, cider, ginger beer, and bitters in a tall glass with ice and stir gently to combine. Garnish with a large lemon wedge, squeezed into the drink and then added to the glass.