Although potatoes are harvested earlier in the year, they're easily stored by producers from up to six months and that's why you'll see so many of them at the farmers' market this time of year. At home, you'll want to make sure to store them in a cool, dark, dry place to prevent them from sprouting or spoiling.
I'll happily eat potatoes any which way—french fried, scalloped, mashed, braised, hashed, stir-fried. Below are a variety of straight-forward potato preparations and recipes. I hope you'll use them as starting point for creating your own bit of potato deliciousness. Another pat of butter, a bit of bacon, some fresh rosemary, freshly ground pepper, are a few of my potato flair go-tos. I know, not exactly groundbreaking but easy and delicious. So what are your potato tricks and signature dishes?
- Dinner Tonight: Scalloped Potatoes
- Fried Papas Criollas
- Ultra-Crispy Roast Potatoes
- Smoky Bacon-Wrapped Baby Potatoes
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Baked Potatoes
- Grilled Hasselback Potatoes With Garlic and Parmesan
- Fingerling Potato Salad With Chorizo, Onion, and Arugula