The secret to achieving the thick, frothy orange shake of mall food court fame in a non-commercial blender is Greek yogurt.
- For the Blood Orange Ice Cubes:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or store-bought blood orange juice (such as Aliseo brand)
- For the Blood Orange Juliet:
- 7 ounces (about 9) blood orange ice cubes
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) full-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
For the blood orange ice cubes: Fill a standard size ice cube tray with 1 1/2 cups blood orange juice. Freeze until solid. This should give you enough blood orange ice cubes for two rounds of blood orange juliets.
Place blood orange ice cubes, yogurt, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk in a blender. Pulse a few times on "ice crush" or similar high setting to begin to break down ice cubes. Blend for 30 seconds on high until the mixture is smooth and frothy. Divide between two glasses and serve immediately.