Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Crispy Bread Crumbs Recipe
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 medium shallot, finely minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic, minced on a microplane
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and peeled if necessary
- 1 lemon
Combine bread crumbs, shallot, garlic, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy-bottomed 12-inch skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring and tossing occasionally until bread crumbs are golden brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
Toss asparagus with remaining tablespoon olive oil in large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Grill asparagus over a prepared hot grill or grill pan set over high heat until charred in spots and tender-crisp. Return to bowl and toss with half of breadcrumbs and juice of half the lemon. Transfer to a serving platter, top with remaining breadcrumbs, and serve with remaining half lemon, cut into wedges.