Not sure what to sip while humming Auld Lang Syne tomorrow night? Here are ten ideas; many of them involve bubbles.
- Champagne Cocktail: Simple to prepare and damn tasty to boot.
- Black Velvet: Some people might recoil at the idea of mixing Guinness with Champagne—ignore them.
- Champagne Julep: Cognac plus Champagne. Warning: this one has some crazy firepower.
- A Minnesota Good-Bye: A holiday riff on French 75 made with simmered tart cranberries, toasty spices, some piney gin, and a topper of bubbly.
- Reveillon: Apple and pear brandies with allspice and cinnamon-tinged bitters.
- The Mary Pickford: Rum, pineapple juice and grenadine, with a bit of mystery added through the inclusion of maraschino liqueur
- Fernet Old Fashioned: Mint and eucalyptus-laced Italian digestivo (after all those party snacks).
- Toasted Almond Cocktail: A mixture of marzipan-sweet Amaretto and icy Champagne, crowned by a rim of toasted almond sugar
- Champs Elysees The ne plus ultra of elegant cocktails.
- Zombie Punch: A powerful yet balanced amalgam of rum, juice and sweeteners. And c'mon, it has "punch" in the title.
Get The Recipes:
- Black Velvet
- Fernet Old Fashioned
- Champagne Julep
- Zombie Punch
- Champagne Cocktail
- Reveillon Cocktail
- New Year's Champagne Cocktail: The Toasted Almond Cocktail
- A Minnesota Good-Bye
- Champs Elysees
- The Mary Pickford