Tart and sweet with a tequila kick: the classic Mexican cocktail in sorbet form.
- 2 1/4 cup strained grapefruit juice from 4 large grapefruit
- 1/2 cup fresh juice and 2 teaspoons grated zest from 6 to 8 limes
- 1 cup light (clear) corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons reposado or blanco tequila
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chile flakes (such as aleppo)
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Chill mixture in refrigerator until very cold, about 3 hours, then strain into ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions. Chill in freezer for at least 4 hours before serving.
Ice cream maker