- 8 ounces glass (bean thread) noodles
- 12 ounces ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons Shaoxing wine, divided
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated, divided
- Kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems chopped, leaves chopped, divided (about 1 cup chopped leaves)
- 6 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 green bird chilies, seeded and minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin
- 5 ounces oyster mushrooms (or wood ear fungus), sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought low sodium chicken stock
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
In large bowl, soak noodles in warm water for at least 30 minutes. When softened, cut noodles into 4 to 5-inch lengths. In small bowl, toss chicken with 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine, 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
In large wok or 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 4 tablespoons oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add remaining grated ginger, cilantro stems, garlic, chilies, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until beginning to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
Add shiitake mushrooms and cook until softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes, adding another tablespoon oil if mixture is too dry. Add chicken and cook until almost cooked through, about 2 minutes. Stir in oyster mushrooms and celery. Cook for one minute.
Stir in soy sauce, white pepper, chili flakes, remaining 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine, and chicken broth. Bring to simmer. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in noodles and green onions and cook, stirring, until mixture is well combined and noodles are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro leaves, season to taste, and serve.
wok or 12-inch non-stick skillet