The ultimate party snack, now in a 100% animal product–free form. This vegan queso dip is packed with a gooey cashew- and potato-based nacho sauce, soy-lentil chorizo, avocados, scallions, tomatoes with chilies, and black beans. The flavor is so good, even your omnivore friends won't know that it's vegan.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound vegan chorizo
- 1 recipe Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10-ounce) cans Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained (see note)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper, minced (reserve a few whole slices for garnish, if desired)
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 bag tortilla chips
Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over high heat until shimmering. Add chorizo and cook, stirring frequently, until well browned and slightly dry, about 10 minutes. Remove 2 tablespoons and set aside for garnish.
Add cheese dip, black beans (reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish), tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, avocado, and minced serrano or jalapeño and stir to combine. Stir in hot sauce to taste. Heat, stirring, until hot.
Transfer to a warm serving bowl. Garnish with reserved chorizo, black beans, cilantro, and scallions, and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
If Ro*Tel tomatoes are unavailable, substitute with 1 (15-ounce) can drained diced tomatoes, mixed with 1 (4-ounce) can chopped drained green chilies.