- 1 1/2 lbs fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Kosher salt to taste
Bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil over high heat. Blanch peaches in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove, let sit until cool enough to handle, then peel, pit, and roughly chop the peach flesh. Discard peels and pits.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When foaming subsides, add shallots and cook, stirring frequently until softened and just starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add chopped peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, and mustard powder and continue to cook until peaches have softened and released their juices, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in bourbon, cook for 1 minute more. Season with salt to taste and serve.